Ride and Stride - Last Year 2022
Ride and Stride is the sponsored event in aid of the Staffordshire Historic Churches Trust.
On the second Saturday of September every year, all over England, cyclists and walkers (and drivers) are sponsored to visit churches; and churches open between 10am and 6pm to receive them. Half the money raised is returned to your church to use how you wish; the other half is given in grants to churches of all denominations towards the cost of repairs and maintenance. Ride and Stride is the principal source of income for SHCT.
Photographs from Saturday 10th September
Click on the first photo and the gallery can viewed in larger style
The first photos are from Woodmill Methodist Church which sadly couldn't be opened but these show the inside.
And various churches : Lichfield, Yoxall, St Francis of Sales, Woodmill, Barton and Tamworth
- Additional comments
- 1. The trophy (a handsome plate) is presented to the cyclist or walker who visits most churches on the day between 10am and 6pm.
- 2. The churches count towards your total only if they are officially taking part in Ride and Stride i.e. they are on the Staffordshire published list.
- 3. We must be able to verify that you have visited the number of churches you claim. This will be done principally through your sponsor form.
- 4. You must be sponsored by at least five people.
- 5. In the event of a tie the winner will be decided firstly by the number of sponsors, secondly, the amount of money raised, thirdly the age of the participant (oldest wins).
- 6. Your sponsor form must be returned by January 31st.
- 7. The presentation will be at at church tour in 2023.
- 8. You cannot win the trophy in two successive years.
- Please let me know if you would like to organise a group walk or cycle ride in your area.
- For more information please contact the Staffordshire county organiser,
Email: John Wallbridge.
Address: 171 Newhampton Road West Wolverhampton WV6 0RP